PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR facts for the upgrades
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2008, 11:00
togaluck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second Officers direct entry on A330!???

Now here's another "well Thought out solution" from QA.

I undertand that the company is bleeding for F/O's and even see the possiblility of low time pilots doing well on big iron, it has been done before succesfully; What blows my mind is, I know they have been doing interviews for @ 150 S/O's int he last couple of days and even know of observation flights of brand new (250 hours small C-152's) S/O's on the A330, and it seems most of them are comming the same way, while there are really experienced guys on the A320 fleet hurting for the upgrade on A330?? under any point of view it doesn't make sense, since the S/O's need 120 sectors to become F/O's ... and they're going to do it on LONG HAUL FLIGHTS??????? how long will it take? 5 years?? they will go from 1 bar to 3 on their uniform?? They could have been a little smart and upgrade the F/O's on 320 ( and tie them up with a ccq course 2 years or 15,000 usd, HELLOOO! RETENTION ANYONE????) and make them happy, as the S/O's would come in the 320 but NOOOO!!! it had to be all backwards!! like everything else in the goat!! haha!! etihad is hiring!!
very well thought !! cograts to the management!!

my 2 cents