PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Area of Responsibility question re Fire Handle Actuation.
Old 19th Mar 2008, 23:29
sayagaingoaround

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, a good question and one worthy of a constructive response..chief

I think fundamentally each company will provide their own guidance or adjust, if required, manufacturers guidance on things like recall items / emergency procedures.

In our company (737 operator utilising boeing SOPS) as others have remarked above, the Capt is always PF on the ground. With the exception of (737 specific) the single recall item for aborted engine start which is completed by FO or PM, the Captain completes all recall items on the ground.

I obviously cannot vouch for other operator's procedures but the evacuation NNC is completed with reference to the QRH. For example if a rejected TO has occured caused by an engine fire, the Captain would complete the Engine Fire Severe Damge / Seperation recall items. If subsequently an evacuation was required this would be done by reference (being read by the FO / PM) the outstanding items on the on the overhead panel would be actioned by the FO and the outstanding items on the control stand by the Captain / PF.

Hope this helps a little, although i suspect you'll find about 50 different ways of skinning that cat..or pulling that fire handle!!