PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All UK Airside workers please sign this.
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 23:05
RollNow!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not happy about this. It was recently quoted in the national media that these cards will only hold a "thin amount of information". Nothing to do with finances, health, past or present records of any kind including any criminal offences. SO why bother introducing them?

The government wants these things in place. Not only is in financialy terrible for the tax payer but theres a huge civil liberties issue here. If its such a "thin" piece of information on these cards and to get an airside pass i have already cleared my work history and a CRB check BY the government ... i dont see the need for these?

Pure exploitation of the aviation industry and the "sensetive" issues surrounding it in the public eye. This is introduction by stealth. Next it will be "well airport workers have them...." then everybody does. Whether its a biometric passport or an id card id rather keep my civil liberties thanks

I like my job and i dont plan on giving it up! Ive happily given my details to those concerned to prove myself safe and able to work airside and do so on a daily basis. I have nothing to hide either... but just because i dont doesnt mean i will concent to being branded with a serial number and compelled to carry my government "this is me" card so i can be beeped through life like a bag of carrots at a checkout...