Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 22:29
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highflight

Ok lets put this naysayer bs to bed

From me on page 1

Sincerely wish you all the best with it though, I'm sure it will be a great success
From you

I repeat CRM wasn't invented by the Americans or anyone else, it's in all of us to a greater or lesser degree and has been since the begining of time.eg "by all means you eat that Mammoth and I'll catch the next one that comes along old boy" ie manners ,empathy,the ability to listen,to give commands to include other people in decision making etc etc etc in otherwords what makes most of us decent human beings,don't make out it's anything much more than that,it's just been given that fancy title and applied to the aviation environment.
I agree and think you are right.

Regarding the rating I think your just plain wrong,don't see with the right training why a 250 hour pilot shouldn't sail through.I guess you had better start throwing your toys out of the cockpit and get your complaints in early.
We'll see, having actually sat in the bloody thing at wichita and done some base training with one of the instructors, there is a common theme emerging.

That being that experienced multi pilot types are getting caught out by this thing and themselves are surprised by "this little jet" not saying that people arn't getting through, just that its a little more of a handful than its size or designator (C510) would make people think.

Said instructor also told me that the unofficial designator for the program "is the yard dart" whatever that means

Single pilot Jet flying in the USA is very heavily regulated and checking is fairly fierce, this is why the FAA have instigated a three tier type rating for this aircraft you are either single crew, mentored or co pilot only.

This was at flightsafety and cessnas behest to stop them having to chop owner flyers

Last time I looked JAR did not make this provision so if you think that these 180 - 250hr guys are going to come out of a Seneca and pass a sporty single pilot jet type in the USA with USA instructors and checkers then think again.

I hope the 200hr FO is not in your bible thick business plan.

Cabus

but I must agree I cant imagine the TR being unmanageable but we will have to wait and see
Having read your previous posts and with all due respect for your opinion have you got a type rating or any two crew experience?

Oh and highflight

Finer points of corporate aviation!!,what carrying bags,loading bags,hoovering and polishing the interior,collecting the trash,filling my own loadsheet,collecting my own weather,paying the landing fees,talking to the passengers,flying into tricky airfields at night in foul weather etc etc,I did it all in the airline world we weren't that closetted.
Brilliant!