PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What I dont like of the Bus I.
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 20:50
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
1. The layout of airbus documentation is a bloody rat's nest. You are never truly confident that you've found the answer to your question / fully completed a procedure on this aircraft, until you've completed the ECAM, cross checked with the QRH (which is twice the size of most other aircraft QRHs and it's in a totally frustrating random order in any case), then fire up the laptop to check the current OEBs, check the FCOM, and then the company ops manual. Why can't everything be in one place? Wasn't the original concept that everything would be built into ECAM and there would be no QRH? What happened?

2. The windscreen wipers are junk, I had better ones on my 40-year old Ford Cortina.

3. The managed descent profile - who the hell programmed that thing and if you get an early step descent (say from 390 to 310 when you're still 200 miles away from destination), why is the pink donut so bloody determined that it has to maintain target of 500 fpm and 250 kts the entire rest of the way to the threshold?