PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What I dont like of the Bus I.
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 20:20
TACHO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It always overshoots the runway
Nope,

Sometimes it is unable to leave the holding
nope..... That old chesnut about the two french pilots being stuck in the hold doesn't wash, IMM exit or delete the hold. simple

The wing tips touch the concrete at touchdown very often
???? ... not true

You never know what the machine is actually doing
yes you do, read the FMA's on the PFD, and the FCOMs for a broad overview of what each FMA means.

The ECAM is a full colour **** house
Ok fair point I'll agree with you there, not as user friendly as it would initally seem.

We all gone die if the hydraulics are gone

Am sure that is not a type specific fault, wasn't the crash at sioux city all those years ago attributable to that cause? The airbus can still be controlled using stab trim and rudder inputs unless i'm very much mistaken. Ok it will probably be as controllable as the wright flyer, but hey! triple redundancy? what are you worried about?

I find the main resentment to the airbus comes from those who used to fly the boeings. The airbus still has little red button that turns it into a conventional aeroplane.

The protection envelope is designed to make the flight safer, read the QRH actions for GPWS alert..... pretty much full backstick, removes the temptation to pull that little bit harder to gain altitude, its false economy, similar to trying to stretch a glide.

regards

T

Last edited by TACHO; 19th Mar 2008 at 20:39. Reason: due to my tiny brain confusing airbus abbreviations