PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 19:58
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-SPOTS

Finer points of corporate aviation!!,what carrying bags,loading bags,hoovering and polishing the interior,collecting the trash,filling my own loadsheet,collecting my own weather,paying the landing fees,talking to the passengers,flying into tricky airfields at night in foul weather etc etc,I did it all in the airline world we weren't that closetted.

I maintain there is bugger all difference between the two camps just those who would like to think so.

The reason I have posted at all on here is because I think any new company and the people sticking their necks out to start it, should be applauded and I get heartily sickened by armchair businessmen calling themselves pilots pontificating on why it won't work,why not wish them well and hope it does.If they achieve their planned 45 aircraft and assuming two crews per aircraft that is 180 new pilot jobs over the next four years what's bad about that.If it fails some people will end up with a paid Mustang rating,looks bloody good fun to me.

I repeat CRM wasn't invented by the Americans or anyone else, it's in all of us to a greater or lesser degree and has been since the begining of time.eg "by all means you eat that Mammoth and I'll catch the next one that comes along old boy" ie manners ,empathy,the ability to listen,to give commands to include other people in decision making etc etc etc in otherwords what makes most of us decent human beings,don't make out it's anything much more than that,it's just been given that fancy title and applied to the aviation environment.

Regarding the rating I think your just plain wrong,don't see with the right training why a 250 hour pilot shouldn't sail through.I guess you had better start throwing your toys out of the cockpit and get your complaints in early.

Last edited by Highflight420; 19th Mar 2008 at 20:12.