PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 19:45
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabus

I have aquaintances who are flying online for BA as cadets at the moment so and I dont see what difference it makes about what aircraft they are flying 74 or A319. All the fleets will have experienced 'old boy' Captains on so cadets will be flying with experienced pilots high hours pilots on the entry fleets. All I am saying is surely the company that invented CRM will be good at training it and the pilots will be excellent at implementing it,
Suggest you reread your MCC notes mate, the above is full of assumptions based on aquaintances and hearsay. BA DOES NOT have a cadet culture.

PS BA did not invent CRM, the phrase was coined by the American Airlines Training department and adopted by other carriers because it was hip and gucci at that time, American had an awful record for hull losses and incidents and turned it around in a rather spectacular fashion and now have one of the most succesful Training Departments Worldwide.

American also invented Threat Error Management which will no doubt either will have or be on a CRM refresher coming your way soon

A steep gradient is not good period.

this comment is purely addressed at people who seem to think BA pilot will be unable to fly with low hour F/O's in a company such a Blink.
Who said unable?

When considering these CRM issues consdier the lowest common denominator dont think "Old Boy" think "Old Git" now how safe is the operation? Especially when strictly speaking the unwritten word is that (setting the ops manual to one side) its a single crew type.

I can here the words now from a Crusty Ex Fast Jet CAA FOI regarding co pilots I had on a recurrent once "Copilots Blah - pound for pound I'd rather have the fuel"

This whole CRM sub discussion is acedemic anyway, these are single pilot aircraft with single pilot type ratings, personally I dont think 250hour guys will cut the type rating, its ok getting signed off to sit next to somebody but the Flightsafety guys want 1000hrs plus before comencing a jet type and wont give these ratings away. If it starts to happen I'll be disgusted and shall be on the phone personally cancelling my full service contract