PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Commitment Bonus' of £15,000 for the military
Old 19th Mar 2008, 18:02
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
How do you know how it is being handled? There are only scant details on the MOD Website at the moment.
Easy - show me something that Brown(e) et al have done for the military (I could stop there) that hasn't turned into a crock of ****e or been mishandled. I'm surprised you even need to ask that question, just look around you - JPA, SF CH-47s, DHMH, Iraq in general, Type 45 procurement, body armour provision etc etc.

Quote:
We are expected to look after those below us.

I can only apologise if the men and women who serve below you are such an inconvenience to. Imagine he cheek of the RAF asking you to look after these people, shocking. Perhaps the MOD should remove your flying pay whilst you are on your ground tour?
I never said it was an inconvenience - that was your assumption. And who knows, it maybe for some. What I was merely asking, which you seem to have missed completely is who is looking after those in the middle. There is a definite lack of support or recognition for those in positions above the junior ranks and below the senior officers. Imagine the cheek of those in middle positions to expect a bit of support and recognition from up top, shocking!

I fail to see what is wrong with asking who is supporting those in the middle, but obviously you disagree there. However, you come across as a well balanced ex-ranker with that sort of response - a chip on each shoulder from time at Cranwell and as a grizzled NCO down at the coalface