PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 17:36
Flypuppy

Chieftan o'the Pudden Race

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATI are now talking about bmibaby going bust.
There are no indications AT ALL that there is any validity to these rumours. It would be interesting to know where ATI have sourced that particular nugget of information. If it is uncorroborated rumour recycling then my respect for that organisation will slip a notch or two.

If anything, the information I have from a very reliable source is quite the opposite. BMI Baby are more likely to expand their operations rather than wind anything down.

This is the problem when you have profit share schemes. If the companies don't pay one it fuels speculation that all is not well.
Companies often go through periods where the profit level does not met the minimum criteria for paying out a profit share scheme. This sort of scheme is a bonus, it is not a mandated payment that must be paid every year. Only the poorly informed would assume that things are not well because there is no profit related bonus. For example, an airline I am intimately acquainted with turned a healthy gross profit, but by the time they finished provisioning for new aircraft and other "crystal ball" events the net profit - which the bonus is based on - was below the trigger threshold. The company, however, is very healthy and expanding.

Perish the thought that another lo-co airline might use this website to seed negative rumours about a competitor...

Last edited by Flypuppy; 19th Mar 2008 at 17:46.