PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naturelink Interviews
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 13:14
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is not the norm in European airlines anyway,well, at least in my experieince, to allow flight crew or non essential personnel into the operations room of an airline.
It's not that the operations staff have a terrifically taxing job, it's just that those who are usually to be found in such little rooms are not tremendously good at lateral thinking. Nor, for that matter, are they of sufficient cranial development as to be able to handle the sort of essential requests with which pilots often aspire to titillate their cerebral abilities.
It is an unhappy circumstance of aviation that those in ops are not usually emotionally best able to handle requests for 'next Tuesday off please, to see my phlebotomist' when the precious fleet flagship is under machine gun attack in Zululand.
Besides which, entry into the ops room simply draws the attention of those who might otherwise persecute one to the fact that an opportunity has just presented itself to do so. It is far better to keep the old head below the parapet, carry two mobile telephones and have an answering machine which announces that you are otherwise engaged, blissfully one might hope, in pursuits of a Ugandan nature.
As for the very prospect of entrusting life and limb to a Jeppesen which might, I say, just might, have been correctly updated by one of these high school cast offs, well, one should perhaps stick to one's own copy. More expensive? Perhaps. No of course it is, but it's infinitely safer and it's always there, in your flight bag when you need it. There's a vast amount of educational wealth inside a Jeppesen other than just the let down plates. It is an essential requisite for any pilot to carry his own. It should repose in a place of pride in one's flight bag, alongside one's own oral germ and foreign ear wax free headset and the compulsory packet of personalized embossed condoms. Preferably, for those entitled to such pulsating peccadilloes, with a crest on the top.

Last edited by cavortingcheetah; 19th Mar 2008 at 14:19.