PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 10:45
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flintstone,

With respect what a load of utter tosh,high time Captains,low time co-pilots bad mix.CRM isn't something new it's been here in one form or another ever since man got up onto two legs,it's just been given a fancy name recently that's all.

Are you telling me all high time BA/Cathay captains shouldn't be flying with new copilots?who are the new pilots supposed to glean their experience from.I've flown with some wonderful former airline Captains all gentlemen to a tee and great pleasure to fly with and talk to.I've seen more ego per gold stripe in corporate aviation than I have ever seen in any airline I've flown for,guess it must be to do with all those important people and film stars we fly around!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a high time Captain and I'm quite happy flying with new guys and girls and if I can pass on some experience then all the better,I can learn from them too.

I'm getting on in years but some of you need to come out of the dark ages,after all it's only a job operating a machine from A-B not rocket science.

Lets face it a Boeing 747 could be flown by an experienced PPL with the right training so lets not go down the 'my one is bigger than yours' path.I thought that had all been left behind years ago at school.If you have a problem with size medical science has all sorts of fixes these days well all but small man syndrome, if you have that then I'm afraid not even medical science can fix that.

Last edited by Highflight420; 19th Mar 2008 at 12:26.