PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 04:01
Sky Dancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Getsetgo...The more I read your posts the more I feel that you are part of the DGCA or Praful Patel's nephew...or maybe even Mr. Patel himself...but here are couple for facts for you ....

^ The GCSE O levels is equivalent to our ( Indian ) 11th standard if you take into account the number of years at school and their syllabus is also on par...I cannot comment on other countries but in general in European coutries when they say they've passed high school it means they have completed 12 standard..

^ When reputed foreign carriers hire you they take into account your academic records and work experience very carefully...

^ Concerning Pilot incapacitation....BA had a case with a Captain becoming incapacitated at the time of take off from Heathrow about 3 years ago ( if my memory is correct ) and I think it was on a B 7474....considering that London is the heart of the worlds aviation and shipping insurance..the insurance cos will certainly know what they are talking about..

^ You might like to know this bit of information..in the mid 90s Malaysian Airlines when through this bout of nationalisation...the local guys were pretty hostile to the expats at that point in time and they went of a boot the expat spree...in the process many guys who were not really ready for command were upgraded....it happened in the case of a guy on a F50...he was failed by an Expat (read White) TRE....there was noise about him being racist...and they brought a local TRE ( bhumiputra ) and he cleared him.....2 weeks later they lost the plane while flying an approach into Sandakan (or Tawau) Sabah, East Malaysia....Lloyds the insurance guys went through the records and saw what happened and pulled them up for it..MH had to re advertise for expat crew once again...so the cycle continues...

^ So you see we guys are in the business of flying people around...IE HUMAN LIVES...so I think the crackheads sitting on top should be reminded every once in a while that it is important to get the right people on the Flight Deck....

^ Take time off from your high handedness and ask your self this question..you might be flying a B 737 NG or A 320...lets say your in Command and things are not going right..you've lost your automation and your on raw data and you've got wx all aroung you..who would you like sitting next to you....a well trained motivated co pilot or some guys or girl who became a pilot for the sake of it....

So these are the facts..and I dont think it'll make you happy...