PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations to Security
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2008, 02:55
Rush2112

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ What he said.

I am sure that all of us agree that 'security' is important and that getting blown up on a plane would be A Bad Thing, but what p!sses everyone off is the stupid inconsistent approach.

If you pitched up at an airport and *knew* you would have to strip naked to go through the security check, because that was the rule at all airports, regardless of size of airport, location, domestic or international, whatever criteria, then that would be fine. You just accept it, and get on with it. The thing is, one airport says belts OK, not shoes. Next time, both OK, another time something else. You cannot mentally prepare, or physically prepare until you are next in line and you have to start faffing around with various articles of clothing - at least if you know, you can take the bloody belt off while you are waiting.

Same with bottles - if all airports applied the same rules, great. Changi, for instance, can see through your carry on bag so no need to put your embarrassing toiletries (including those nasty, strange creams from the doctor) on display, but most airports don't / can't / won't and make you put them separately in their little plastic bag. Why?

Confiscating Marmite, sandwiches, etc., well that's just plain jobsworth from someone being an utter arse, enjoying his / her ego trip IMHO.

I've been on flights with plastic cutlery up the back and metal flatware at the front. So they think terrorists are on a f'g tight budget? Hello? Weren't the 11 Sep bunch in Business Class?

I'd better stop, I can feel my blood pressure rising, and I'll start ranting about Singapore taxis next, that's my usual natural progression...