PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in France
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2002, 18:59
WGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Flying in France

Off to France for a day trip next month, all being well, and looking for tips on French x-country flying.. .. .Found a few notes on the web about French RT, esp blind RT at small aerodromes, and visited a few websites listing aerodromes and phone numbers, GPS coords etc, but is there a website equivalent to the UK's ais.org.uk with aerodrome charts (and VRPs where applicable), or will I have to buy an en-route guide to French Airfields just for the one or two I'll actually be visiting?. .. .Worth getting hold of the 'Guide VFR France' or equivalent? Is it that different to the UK? Or is there a website that details French VFR rules and regulations? Some useful info at <a href="http://www.higher.flyer.co.uk," target="_blank">www.higher.flyer.co.uk,</a> but is there anything more comprehensive?. .. .The (sort of plan) is Cherbourg - St Lazaire, up the Loire to Orleans, back via Le Touquet. Anyone followed this sort of route?. .. .All comments gratefully received.. .. .WGW. .. .btw - There'll be two of us, both with a half decent knowledge of French, both with 160ish hours, both Night and IMC rated (I appreciate IMC doesn't count over there).