PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Aviation Airplane Missing!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 21:19
ruma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It Could be Me!

This Country, 'NIGERIA' is blessed! But----The God given resources is not being managed well by our leaders in authority. This is not the first time aircrafts will be missing from Nigeria airspace! From my little knowledge, far way back to 1977 an Aztec belonging to then Nigerian Civil Aviation, Zaria got missing between 'Bida Vor' and Zaria up till today and nothing was done! A bell 412 also dissapeared up till tomorrow at Chevron field in Agbami. No trace of her up till now. 'Lisa' Village incident could have followed suite if not for the villagers that contacted the authority when we were looking for her in Kwara/Oyo state!-100nm away! The crash site of Lisa is less than 8nm to Lag yet nobody could find it appart from the villagers. By the time the authority got to the site, vital things were missing! The rest is history. Thanks to the 'search and rescue' -I was at N04 19.3, E005 49.6 today on my own! Its 'close to Auntie Julie' Platform owned by Conoil and close to Funiwa, Chevron filed in the Niger delta.
It is high time the aviation stake holders wake up and ask put a procedure on grond to face this type of emergency. I pray that the villagers can help us out to find the missing plane. The authority have failed the nation! Please let us do something fast! It could be me they are looking for!