PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Almost_Done is Done
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 20:07
Alison Conway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-D,

Well Done. Hold on to your memories, the one thing that "they" cannot take from you. You were trained by the best, hopefully gave of your best, and are now taking those skills to apply elsewhere. I hope that you pass on your experience to another generation; there's a great role model in what Israeli part civvy/ part military aircrew do. I've trained them (not that many of them needed training) and they're good - very good. This sceptred isle could do worse than allowing military experience such as yours to just "fade away". What price an active reserve? It is easy, as suggested, to be always looking backwards. It's a trap that will ensure you become a boring fart (old or otherwise). One of the pleasant part of being a bloody civvy is that you don't have to keep wondering whether some chinless wonder outranks you! Stand Tall A-D, you did your bit - there are those who will keep the torch held high for a little while longer. The depressing part is watching those who are the senior military political appointees mouth the platitudes that they are told to in return for an extra badge, and the speed at which they are silenced or "corrected" should they develop a mind of their own. Or am I becoming too cynical? Bah! Humbug!