PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Equipment
Thread: PPL Equipment
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2002, 13:19
djk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyer Boy,

Definitely take it one step at a time. . .I'm not quite halfway through my training at the moment and the only stuff I take with me to my lessons are logbook, diary (so I can work out when I can take my next lesson), kneeboard with checklist, couple of pens, sunglasses, credit card, map and whichever one of Trev Thom's training manuals I happen to be reading through at the time.

shirt, tie & epaulets you'll have no need for.. .I still turn up for my lessons in sweatshirt & jeans & trainers. or in the summer t-shirt, jeans or black combats & trainers.

As for the headset, not sure why you'd want to buy one so early on in the course. I just "treat" myself to things like that when I get to a certain stage in my training (ie once I've done my first solo, I'll treat myself to a decent pair of sunglasses) and when I qualify, I'll treat myself to a headset. etc etc

Class 2 medical for me was £125 which was just outside London in West Wickham complete with ECG, I think it's about £50 for a renewal.

Unless you've got tons of cash already, I would set yourself a monthly budget, sensible figure maybe £250-£300 per month therefore if you get any cancelled lessons, just carry the amount left over onto the next month's budget, you'll be surprised at how much it builds up especially if you've had as many cancelled lessons as I've had due to sh*te weather.

[ 17 February 2002: Message edited by: djk ]

[ 17 February 2002: Message edited by: djk ]</p>