PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 15:28
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody with any business accumen knows that very often the time to strike is when everbody else isn't.

You don't think property millionaires built their property empires at the top of a cycle.

Blink have already raised the finance for the first few years of operation. 2009/10 are being slated in as years of significant growth again,if that's the case you need to be in a position to compete to be up and running not looking to raise finance and order aircraft.

Phil are you a businessman,pilot or both,if both I never thought that the two went together very naturally and you haven't said anything to make me change my view.Picking up business on the tailcoat of others(your reference to Netjets) isn't a recipe for good business practice.Think I'd much rather have two business background Harvard graduates with a bible thick business plan and an order/options for 45 aircraft from the Cessna factory.

Don't doubt Bob Crandall as I know his background but tell me if I'm wrong in that POGO weren't planning to launch until late 2008 early 2009.Additionally the USA is in recession and has several already established Air-taxi companies, Europe as yet hasn't isn't in a recession to my knowledge, but then what would I know I just fly them.