PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo or Dubai?
Thread: Tokyo or Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 14:52
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot022008

Good luck with your choice, however

I'm married with two kids and was thinking that at least in Emirates I can take my family with me, but in Tokyo that would be too expensive.
Maybe there is no choice to be made!

As an ex mil pilot that spent 50% of my time away from my family over an extended period of my life, I look back at a relationship left in tatters and come to the conclusion that for money, Queen and Country etc etc, it was just not worth it. nothing was worth it. Separation from your Wife and Kids is just not worth an extra couple of thousand dollars a month (unless your kids aren't bothered!). Get your kids into a good international school in Dubai and they will grow up as Global citizens and less likely to come home one day wearing hoodies. I am sure someone from Emirates/living in Dubai can offer more sound advice. There are always pro's and con's, but if its a choice between money and family, better a slightly poorer Dad than a rich Batchelor.

Just my humble opinion. With my PhD in Hindsight, there would be no choice for me, having been there seen it, done it and made the wrong choice.

Good Luck