PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What should I do?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 14:24
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when when you are ready to settle down to a cozy airline job you will have so much experience as a pilot no one is going to care what GCSE you did.
Whilst this Should be true, unfortunately it isn't,only once you have 1,000 hours plus proper airline jet time (preferably on 'Heavies') then you can stop worrying too much about what else you put on your CV.

On the question of joining the ATC - I would say YES, join. Whilst, as said, you might not get as much flying as you would like, they do a lot more things that are fun and it is something employers (not just in the aviation business) like. My Daughter (13) has been in for about 3 months, over winter, which is when ATC is least active, she has been flying, driven a tank, done night exercises and had a lot of fun, she is booked in for camp in the summer holidays and when she gets older there may be the chance to do Gliding/flying scholarships and exchange trips abroad. Yes, there will be some dull days, but the opportunities for those that put a lot in are great. (I achieved all these when I was in the ATC, but that was a few years ago).