PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Aviation Airplane Missing!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 13:38
mademan112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sat coverage

pls i would like to know how long its takes to pick up a distress signal from an elt and what is the possibility that the airplane involved has the 406 transmitter unboard, as i know most airplanes are still fitted with the 121.5 and 243mhz elt in nigeria which can only trasmitt for48hrs
why is is that even at this point in time no ground equipment can pick up the signals if still active from the nigerian airpspace management agency, nema or the airforce i tink its just a big shame and very saddening to know we dont have simple emmergency equipments to help save lifes in nigeria and for how long are we going to continue to accept the no challent attitude of some these people involved its been a sad week so far for me regardess of the fact that i do not personally know any of the crew unboard that airplane but what i do know is
its could be my brother, my father or friend
from my training i also know by law nd standards in regards to the will and knowledge of survival someone might still be alive
i hope by the end of the day someone will come up with some concrete information on the precise location of the airplane in question