PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Aviation Airplane Missing!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 12:47
DRPAM007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sincere thanks for the valuable location information “Aircraft carrier”. Sometimes it is inevitable that we break protocol. Nothing is more satisfying than saving of lives by our actions.

Having fruitlessly tried to pass the location information to the NAMA GM Search and rescue, the Lagos RCC and the Enugu sub-RCC, I had to call the NAMA MD personally (happens to be a classmate of mine). They were quite pleased with information and were in the process of liaising with NEMA as I write.

A few calls to my journalist friends in Nigeria confirmed that the search for the missing aircraft is still in earnest. It may surprise you to know that it was the African independent television (AIT) aviation desk news crew that located the crash site of the Bellview B737 in October 2005. Strange, but true. Not a good score for our search and rescue agency. Hopefully, we’ll see some improvement this time.

My sincere hope and concern now is that we find the missing crew alive. In the optimistic scenario that a successful emergency landing was executed in a remote and inaccessible location without serious/critical injuries, the chances of being rescued alive after 72 hours may appear slim, but nonetheless quite possible. We await the result of the search.

For anyone with interested in the Nigerian safety issues, here’s something that may be of interest. http://nigeriaaviationsafety.org/WHEN_SAFETY_COMES_LAST.html.

Finally, it is heart warming to know that the synergic contributions of professionals in a forum like this, will enhance the safety of the environment we work and live in.
Thanks again to “Aircarftcarrier” and I’ll appreciate if you can contact me on [email protected].

Last edited by DRPAM007; 18th Mar 2008 at 21:52.