PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA/Cabair - do they do a spatial orientation test?
Old 18th Mar 2008, 06:53
jb2_86_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nflyer, I would agree chris-squire about the "man holding the circle" thing. Id say that is pretty close to what you describe. As I understand anyway.

You see three chaps holding a red circle or square in each hand. They can be facing you or away from you, and they can be the right way up or upside down. The program will ask you to identify how many of the chaps are holding (example) the square in the left hand.

You will answer either 0, 1, 2 or 3 on the keypad.

There are 3 'rounds' of this test and each round has about 5 questions if memory serves. With each round you have less time to answer, it goes from about 8 seconds to 3 seconds I think. It is very easy to lose your head in this test so stay cool and take the second or two between you being set the criteria for the question, and seeing the three men, to picture all the possible combinations that you are looking for.

I would say (for me anyway) this is probably the hardest element of the PILAPT profile. (reflected in my lowest score, 6/10, for that part).

Dont worry about it though nflyer, go and enjoy the experience. Aptitude is not something you can learn, you either got it or you aint. Good Luck!

JB

EDIT: This information is based on the Cabair Assessment day