PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 05:26
meguro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo Dignitas,
I'd hate to shatter your impression but the standard isn't that high. Have you ever flown with the Japanese online? There are a lot of guys that have gotten through that wouldn't have passed majors like Cathay, United, Qantas etc. The standard is extremely wide. In fact for a bit of fun I'd love to see some of the ANA senior Captains pass a sim check that is unscripted, like a normal airline. Picture this; a senior checker does his sim renewal, first take off rejects, the sim operator/Checker apologizes as he forgot to put in the engine failure at V1! The aircraft comes to a screaching halt with both engines operating normally!
As a minor point, if anyone is currently online as ANA and flight crew in 767 can they varify that this is the easiest airline job in the world to keep. I'm looking for a comment on a renewal etc?

For a long time ANA lost roughly 1 in 10 pilots to any number of reasons (go back a while to some of my posts). It has only become extremely bad recently. One of the factors is western ego's playing a part. When you put two guys together for such a long period, it becomes tense and invariably there is competition between the guys and animosity. You typically have one guy trying show how good he is by making the other guy look bad. The result is both suffer for not focusing on the task at hand. It becomes a childish pissing contest.

My final words would be; You don't have to kiss ass, you don't have to behave like you're in an internment camp, just shut up and fly the plane, that's it.

Gambate to all the guys that started last week.