PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extreme pain in forehead during descent/landing
Old 17th Mar 2008, 20:45
gasman123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright!

Food poisoned twice by same curry house in Bristol, after 24 hours playing the porcelain trombone I thought "I'll have them for this" & set about phoning public health. Being in the trade I thought this would be easy, but no! No one in the hospital knew how to get hold of them (can you think of a better job to have!) so in desperation I phoned NHS direct. They were very helpful, kept me on the phone for 30 minutes sounding very concerned & told me they would find the number & phone me back straight away. After 2 hours I got impatient & finally discovered that you had to phone them via the Great Western Ambulance service (work that one out)!!

When I finally got through it was straight to a consultant who said "my God I eat there- I'll have it inspected immediately!" and, feeling satisfied, I hung up & forgot about it.

Eight hours later, the phone rings - "This is NHS direct, just to let you know that we can't find out how to contact public health....."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/3...aac66ef6_m.jpg