PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking the plunge
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2008, 13:52
Dream_on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking the plunge

Hi guys just found out about this site and wow what a site!! I have been training towards my PPL since september but due to work commitments and poor weather I have only got about 9hrs flying time in. I can only fly once a week at present and the one day I have my lesson booked for seems to be the day it bloody rains!! Seen as though sometimes it could be 3 weeks between lessons I feel I am not getting the full benifit from my lessons as I have to go over things that I did last lesson so progress seems slow. I have recenlty purchased the PPL study guide DVDs from OAT and I must say I am very impressed with the way they teach you. What I am now planning on doing is taking and hopefully passing the 7 PPL tests then booking maybe 4 weeks of work in the summer and completing the flying aspects of the PPL. So to get to my question finally do you think this would be a good way to go about it. By that I mean pass the tests first then concentrate on the flying side of things? Bit long winded but thanks in advance.