PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline or BizJet??? Any notions?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2008, 11:12
LOOKUP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline or BizJet??? Any notions?

Hi all

I have a little dilemma regarding where to take my career next.

I have been flying commercially for about a year now, coming up on a 1000 TT and 700 on the B737 (first job).

I have an opportunity on getting a position on the Global 5000, a three year contract with ok money, home base (commuting to the AC base paid by the company...), rating paid, per diems (around 20 days a month out of he country!!) and roughly 40 H per month flight time.

My question is, since I am fairly new in the buis., what kind of affect will this have on my future career? I mean what would you do?

The recruiter made it clear that for the first three years there is no way for command, after that, time will tell.

From another point of view Ill get the opportunity to "taste" of both worlds, airline and privet, and by that get a clearer perspective as to what I want.

I am 28 with a current job (base) Id like to change and I feel I have only now started to get the hang of the B737 so it feels like a shame...

So that's it. To take it or not, will it affect my career in a positive way or is it better to stick to the type I have and gain proficiency on it?

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated, I'm sure some of you have been there.. J

Thanks in advance,

LU