PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2008, 05:58
meguro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "If you do fail you are out on the street without any notice and that can occur at any time during your training"

Simply not true, it can go either way. There have been many pilots who have failed and been given another go, in fact there are two on course right now having failed and are being another try. It depends on attitude, skill and potential. If during the training you continualy demonstrate below standard, you can expect to be cut at some opportunity.

Quote: "Amongst other things you will be expected to be able to fly hand a 767 at 550' (+/- 20' is considederd rough) assymetric or with a C hydraulic failure on a 1.5 nm down wind"

Also technically incorrect ANA never practice assymetric circling, only 'C' system inoperative.

Quote:"You will also be subjected to two oral tests conducted by the JCAB a matter of weeks apart, the scope of which is undefined. In other words any question can be asked. If it is not answered satisfactorily you will fail."

I understand that the oral has been 'upped' a bit but there is the record of a pilot that did not actually answer any questions or attempt to and passed! ANA will give you a few Oral skills, for example answer in english and very fast. Or, answer what you DO know rather than the question.

I have done the orals and I have not been able to answer all the questions and some I got plain wrong. In one answer to the JCAB guy, I said that I would not insult him by guessing.

Finally, to repeat earlier advice, it is not that hard. There is not a hangmans noose waiting outside the sim, ANA genuinely want you to pass.

Gambate ne.