PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2008, 04:29
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE] Can somebody with a successful pass comment on that? [QUOTE]

We have had a high failure rate, this is true. Something in the 40 to 50% rate after my class went trough. Our class didn't do too bad, out of 8 for AJX and 4 for AJV one from each class didn't make it. (That is a pretty normal failure rate there) but not so good for the classes after us.

And yes, a good attitude goes a long way. Not only here at the training center but at the hotel too. If you behave like an ass with the hotel staff, guess what? The company will hear about it. If you are constantly questioning the procedures and making comments as to how your former company's procedure made more sence, guess what? you are making it hard on yourself.

And yes, they are pretty demmanding in their manouvers and you have to fly to the specs that the previous post metioned. But, they also give you a TONNE of sim time for you to get good at it. IT IS A PILOT's JOB. At some point you have to be able to hand fly the thing without loosing 20 or 30 feet.

I'm not going to pump sunshine on anyone, I have already stated that there have been a high failure rate latelly. But I also realize that my flying abilities are average on my best days, and if my dumbass made it to the line?

Come at your own risk, training is long and hard. But flying the line is great.

Good luck