PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2008, 03:46
TeamJQboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320_galleybitch, I know what you're saying about the definition of 'average', but I said "pretty close to what I think the average will be." I don't know this for a fact, and I am only going off one month's worth of flying allowance. I was called for about half of my 7-8 available days last month so I just thought that would be a kind of average figure, even though I know it will vary greatly from one extreme to the other some times.

And I'm not sure if you were addressing my post or just re-iterating it when you said there is nothing regular about overnights, but I did say they are NOT something you'll regularly see at Jetstar.

Just clarifying.

And catzparadise, with the wet drill/swimming you will not be fully clothed in your own clothes, you'll bring your bathers to wear underneath some white Qantas overalls which cover you from neck to toe to simulate being fully clothed.

100% of my ground school passed. There were some re-sits on some exams here and there for a few people, but no fails. I'm not sure how many people you can expect to see drop out of GS but maybe some of the other crew could answer that based on what they've heard.

And I am "primarily domestic" crew - MEL/AVV dual base. I'm only flying domestic at the moment though, on A320 and A321 until my ground school receives our A330 conversion and international line training - then I'll start to see international flying pop up here and there. I'm assuming you know about how Team Jetstar crew will fly both (to varying levels) seeing as you've just been successful? And bear in mind all other TJQ schools and yours will receive training on all 3 types from the beginning - but you will still be 'quarantined' on domestic flying until you receive your international line training.