PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Northeastern Airlines Safety Concerns, Beware!
Old 16th Mar 2008, 23:29
Load Toad

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
As an SLF I can't comment on the technical aspects of a flight or flying. I have been flying in China since '95. I used to hate flying in China. The planes were old, the service terrible and the other passengers had a very interesting attitude......I would only fly Air China and I didn't enjoy doing that.

But in recent years and especially since 2000, the fleets are a lot more modern, the aircraft usually quite new and the service has improved considerably. I have rarely noted faults with the inside of the aircraft and no more than I have done with major carriers come to think of it. Service is much better than previously though sometimes the CC seem to try a little too hard to follow how they've been instructed to act. Then again - they have to deal with some passengers who still seem to take it as a personal affront to be told what to do by a young girl. I've flown many of the regional Chinese airlines and some of the smaller and newer airlines that have cropped up.

The one thing I can't get used too is the flight deck don't talk to the passengers to introduce themselves and explain the route / weather etc. which has always for me been something I appreciate and it has a psychological calming effect for some reason. (On me anyway). I've supposed the Chinese attitude is 'Pilots fly planes, cabin crew look after passengers'.

I have had flights - not just in China where it has seemed that the aircraft is racing and then slowing, climbing then throttling back more abruptly than usual - if some one can explain the reasons why this sometimes happens I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
LT

Last edited by Load Toad; 17th Mar 2008 at 12:46.