PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Peterborough Down the Memory Hole?
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2008, 20:18
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What makes it 'poor', Hinecap ? For the Indy to come out in support of anything related to wearing a uniform must have taken a leap of faith greater than Atherton could ever have in the abilities of those under her command, and the local situation.

The scribbly is an ex squaddie, so he has a bit of an insight. What other parts of his piece did you dissagree with? Lets see.
  • "Gordon Brown's hasty statement does not mean the Government show much meaningful respect for the armed services."
Correct, Brown is notorious for his scathing contempt for the MoD.
  • "Coroners' inquests have repeatedly shown that troops have died because of avoidable deficiencies in their equipment."
Again, correct.
  • "Returning causalities have sometimes lacked the medical treatment they deserve. Veterans who suffer trauma have been badly served."
Correct.
  • "And when the dead arrive home in coffins, do ministers show their gratitude by turning up at the airfield. Did Mr Blair ever do that? Does Mr Brown? Does anybody?"
Well, do they?

Just which part do you dissagree with?

On Friday, I journeyed up from London to P'boro with an ex neighbour, who has worked for Huntingdon Life Sciences since 1997, when I first met him. He reminded me about the time that his son and daughter were shouted at by hemp underpant wearing, tofu munching nutters, but not once did any of that force him to move away or restrict his way of living. I also chatted to a lady from Zimbabwe taxi driver in P'boro who told me that military fares usually got discount as long as the cab didn't get puked up in.

Finally, its not about MY needs Hinecap. You can be as offensive as you like about that, but this is not about one person's needs. Atherton's responsibility goes beyond handing a hankie to any single serviceman ar woman and I'm relieved that other stations are lining up quite publically, to announce contra policies. The sooner Group Captain Atherton gets promoted out of harm's way, the sooner the RAF can get the benefit of her unique style of macromanagement and the sooner the troops on the shop floor can back back to normality.

Finally, with regards to my blanket stacker reference.. where's your sense of humour? Feel free to continue referencing me as thick, time expired and living in the past.