PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK company accomodation
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2008, 18:36
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they can be anywhere. We have been shown an Appartment in the 21st Century Tower, but have been told that it's almost full. Other places they're putting people in are the UP Tower and the Millenium Tower.
Millennium Tower is a sh$thole...and it's considered one of the better ones. Go figure. A slapped-together hotel/hospital-feeling building in a nightmare of construction. Filth-encrusted windows that are washed once a year. (I think the year was 2006.) There are NO amenities nearby, and won't be for a few years yet. Careful driving in and out over the pitiful potholed roads, especially during the worker shift change. Good times! Just like the promo DVD!

And absolutely true about the Accommodation Dept. IF you can get through on a landline...IF they reply to an email...they will stall, stall, stall (for months - I'm not kidding) and then lie, lie, lie. You have to understand, they are mainly staffed by those who would consider your not-resembling-in-the-slightest-what-you-were-shown-at-your-selection accommodation, a veritable paradise. Because it probably is, compared to what they are living in. Doesn't really help you though, does it? Hmm...finished that final line check yet? Too bad. Now you're stuck. Get used to that sinking "I've been had!" feeling!

It truly is a cynical shell game. Show you one thing, and give you another. Good training for your entire Dubai experience. If you try very hard, you can possibly lower your expectations faster than they can fail to meet them. It's a close race though!