PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Grounding.
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2008, 11:04
gordonroxburgh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duxford would the best place for AB. people can go inside XDN, but also see AB.

My "2007" comment was based around what the fleet planning engineers told me. BA only had 5 aircraft post Paris crash; 3 of these were high hours aircraft and would be pushing 24,000 hours for the 2nd major check, which was not going to happen for numerous reasons. The CAA might have given a concession for some hours.

The re-life 2 project was pretty much dead in the water after the Paris crash, the revenue streams in a changed world (mainly the global economic ground turn), would never have supported it.

I don't have a problem upsetting BA, but do think they got a lot of things right as a business. AB could have come to Brooklands and that would have been a nice easy project for us! But saving the historically significant DG with BA's support, back home at the main design and construction site in the UK for Concorde components was something that everyone is proud of.

The fact that BA have been let down by the now spanish owned BAA, with regards to a proper location for OAB is a very bad situation and Both companies need their backsides kicked to either sort it out, or find the best part of 500K to move OAB to Duxford, before it is too late. (The funding that BA found to dismantle AA and DG was from the Dovebid auction.)