PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 22:22
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well - what can I say!

It's been a very long time since I posted here - I decided to log in to prune and see some of my old posts.I havent logged in for a very long time (in pprune terms!) and I thought it only right to let you know what's going on.

About 2 months ago I was in search of a new job (wanting to climb the career ladder and all that) - we also put our house up for sale, again, looking to move up the ladder. So, the house goes on the market on, lets say Saturday.......here's the good bit.....

By Tuesday we get a call saying wev'e had an offer (which was accepted) and on Wednesday, I found out I had got this great new job. I had to control the excitement, knowing that if I got too carried away with all the good progress, I'd end up doing something stupid.

So where is this going (after all, I did say at the start of this thread that I wouldn't talk about life and all it's struggles etc)? Well, the new wage, and lack of having to travel about 4 hours per day, may very well mean that I can start flying again. 9 days ago was the 2 year anniversary of my PPL flight test, which means that I dont' have the 12 hours required. HOWEVER this may not be a bad thing. Rather than waste lost of money bimbling around, I can now spend some quality time with an intstructor, working on my skills in order to get my 'wings' back

(By the way - nothing wrong with bimbling around)

Sorry to re-incarnate this old thread, but after so many dedicate posts, I only see it fair to say Hi and let you know how things are,

Congratulations to Blinkz and DiscoChocolate, who are now flying for Ryanair, it doesn't seem that long ago since we were talking about Air Law

See you in the air...

Cheers
Lee