PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 19:19
heliski22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aser,

Just noticed that deviation to the right recently and checked it again last night, same thing. Deviation indicator in the middle of the course needle also flickering left and right off centre by a couple of mm from about 6miles out. As you say, fully coupled and using IAS mode to back off the speed as we came in. We'll run some checks next week but when it auto levels, I like to see it run down the centreline - much warmer feeling!!

Yes, I've tried the DCL mode but rather than claim it doesn't work, I'm going to double-check what the RFM says about using it. I thought I was doing it right but.....................

As for the battery start for number two, I agree it shouldn't be a problem and I'd have done it more often if I'd known about the PW 10% requirement, so I'm just going to start #2 first whenever I can now. I'd prefer to see closer to 24v than 23v (just me being cautious)for #2 so I've even started to carry a hand held - the last thing I want to hear is "Standby" after calling Ground for start at some major airport or other (hate bloody airports, I do).

Is it just me, or do you get accustomed to the higher vibe, or does it settle down after a bit? I feel it increasing through about 142/143 knots (pretty common) but the last couple of trips, I've pegged it at the highest speed IAS mode will allow (e.g., 153KIAS at 4,500 ft) and just left it there, before long I'm wondering where the vibe has gone?

Last edited by heliski22; 15th Mar 2008 at 21:44.