PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferrari Formula 1 team WHAT NEXT!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 18:55
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please check your language when you talk to me, I believe I'm talking to gentlemen and in a forum different opinions can be shared. So no more F... word, thank you.

I have a quite good experience of Europe because it is where I've been flying for years, and it's also where I'm currently sitting. Pilots not suffering ? Well, small operators are sometimes paying FOs 1500 euros a month, and it's not so easy to get a job, even with over 2000 turbine experience.
I recently lost a friend who was struggling for 10 years to get a nice one, and he had no other choice than flying free lance silly medical flights, and that killed him in a very sad crash. I have other friends here in France who had to do dangerous and really underpaid jobs. They were not complaining. They were humbles doing the right stuff to feed their family and live their aviator's dreams. I respect those people, who can still appreciate what really matters in life.

So if your are so much unhappy and that European pilots are so happy, why don't you get a better job over here ?

I'm not in my wonderland. I'm making the choice to move in DXB because my family life is there. Stop complaining, I've been living for years on a 2000 euros salary and still could afford to fly to DX every 2 month to spend sometime with my beloved. As you can see, I wouldn't mind to get half of your salaries, it still would be twice my current one.

You made a choice moving there, and now it's maybe no more worth according to your requirements. It's not EY's fault, it's just too bad fr you, and I'm really sorry for that. But you cannot ask for an increase as if it was justice.

Simply answer my question please. Is there ANY US airline increasing salaries for their European expat pilots ? Please take some time to consider this question.

Why European pilots of UAE airlines are claiming it while none is asking it in the US ? Maybe because in the US they may risk to loose their jobs...

Who is finally living in the wonderland ?