PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR fuel policy
Thread: QR fuel policy
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 17:15
Smirnoff N21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T.D. to answer your questions:
Yes I do work for QR.
QCAR is the only valid source for QR without a doubt. Never objected that however the policy as such isn't really sensible one. I just gave you a sample of a JAR OPS one in order to highlight the advantage of such.
Big question mark behind: Isn't Male considered an isolated airdrome?
If so, why shortage of fuel hence 2 hours cruise FF inclusive 30 min ir required over Destination.
General Idea is: Fuel in the wings, being overhead a suitable airdrome is more helpful than being on the way to that airdrome, don't you think?
What advantage does a diversion to VCBI give you, having single RWY and being another hour away? Is there another suitable airdrome within 30 min in case VCBI gets blocked? Which guaranties do you have no one is gonna crash in VCBI and block RWY? Remember you'll only have 30 min left.
Why does QR require one to have an ALT within 30 min? Due to the remote chance of a possible destinations seizure, right? In other words 30 min fuel will take you to your ALT just in case. For you info ALT for VECB is 44 min away so you're doomed with 30 min left. I mean, how good are you at predicting a crash at a particular place? Don't you think the lawmaker was opting conservative probabilities while creating rules? It's obvious that JAR version is a more ripe one cause it simply entrusts PIC with power to decide the safest course of action which QR doesn't. Bottom line is good airmanship and decision making is essential to have safe and cost efficient OPS. Part A is full of flaws my friend and solely to rely on it isn't really prudent.
As for extra fuel I don't see a problem with taken a reasonable amount for the reasons stated above.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!