PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 16:07
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well...

..."What most of you don't understand, is that there is a big new market of clients currently not using business aviation because of the costs. Blink will raise new corporate clients."

My best guess is, that IF the Mustang is the way to undercut the costs of businessjet travel in a way to get close to Airlines Business Class costs, than it will work as advertised. Looking at the available info on the Mustang, I just doubt it. It is definetely a nice airplane, but where exactly is the gain over, say a C525?
The ONLY way to lower your cost per hour is fly a lot.(Granted that they might get better rates for being regularly customers with Handlers, but will that be that significant? They will manage better fuel prices on airfield with competition, but not at the advertised remote fields that have their own bowser)
Without empty legs, otherwise the benefit is gone. CAN they do that? Can they put, say an average of 12 hrs per day on the airplane? Is the Mustang designed to do that kind of hard work? I thought its aimed at the upgrader from KA, Conquests and the like...
I´ve been in executive aviation for quite a while and I´ve seen a lot of startups with "revolutionary" new ideas. Most are history by now. Look at NetJets, they are making a profit now, after how many years of loosing money? Is Blink backed up by another Warren Buffet?

Don´t get me wrong, if BLINK works as advertised, I´ll salute the guys for beeing so smart. Still I have some nagging doubts...