PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 15:46
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bizare ? So what ? Do you think Blink is looking for clients on Pprune ?

Some of your comments are making me sick. What is wrong with this endeavour ? If it doesn't work, you'll be satisfied, and you will be allowed to proudly say "i've predicted it!" and if it works, it would just be fine (except for the jealous ones...)
There is definitely a market. I know it because I worked for a year on such a specific niche. Some are already working on it. The marketing approach has nothing to do with the classic aviation industry. What people are looking after is a cost effective solution (the word solution includes many different services and benefits). Fractional of PC 12 and TBMs are doing very good job in Europe and in the states, just like Avantair. Thanks to their AOC they will go commercial, more attractive than fractional. What most of you don't understand, is that there is a big new market of clients currently not using business aviation because of the costs. Blink will raise new corporate clients.
Think like a Manager: multiply the hourly salary of your traveling staff by 2 wasted hours in the airports. Multiply it by the number of used flight, and you will get how much you are wasting every year with the airline. Business aviation is the solution, because it is flexible and time saving (in addition it can take you directly to unscheduled destinations). The only problem is the cost. By lowering it, you will raise new customers. Managers are not stupid, they will do their maths.

And even if you don't agree with this model, you still can be skeptical in a more decent way, and respect people working hard to setup their dreams.