PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 Rough Landing @ Hamburg
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 15:24
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
By request, I have just expanded post #474 [Yesterday, 20:52] to incorporate the amendments I made yesterday to a much earlier post on sidestick handling. These amendments owe a great deal to the contributions of everyone on this topic. Please do not hesitate to criticise the new content, as you will. It would be good to reach a broad consensus here.

Quote from CONFiture:
(1) Stick-to-elevator control does not trigger the Sidestick Position Indicator (white cross) which is only visible on the ground and disappears as soon as the main L/G lifts-off.
(2) Also the different transitions between Normal Law and Direct Law during landing and takeoff phases are more progressive. I would say it is not after 5 seconds but during 5 seconds: “The system blends in ...” in a way that’s almost unnoticeable.
(3) That’s why I pretend Airbus could (and should !) re-introduce the Roll in Direct Law for the flare, and get rid of that undesirable roll rate.
Decrab landing would be ... classic !

[Unquote]

(1) Thanks for setting me straight. I trust your manuals are fresher than my memory, and have incorporated this information in my EDITED post #474 [yesterday's posting at 20;52], above.

(2) Yes, it cannot be instantaneous.

(3) Can see some theoretical logic in your argument. Would this happen at 50'R, or 30'R, perhaps, or at L/G extension? Whatever value you choose, I would not like to be the first pilot to try this on the line in windshear and a crosswind gusting to limits or beyond.