PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF Question: Are We Safe?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 12:04
El Grifo

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Again, that is a bit of a mass generalisation. I recently had a tech problem that required a return to stand and I faced the passengers in the main cabin, made a PA explaining what the problem was, said I would speak to them again in 20 minutes (to the second) with an update and then walked along the isle answering any questions they had/ calming any fears. In the end we took a 3hr delay, but they were ALL happy because I was honest, explained in simple language what the problem was, what I and my company were doing about it and thanked them for trusting my judgement which is what they had paid the price of their ticket for. When they disembarked at destination I got several waves and thumbs up as they passed my side window. So, don't assume that because you had one bad experience everyone is the same.
A mass generalisation indeed.

Whilst you are to be commended for your open-ness and honesty to the passengers, in the other 99.99% of cases, the single biggest complaint is the misleading or total lack of information when a delay is experienced.

In many cases the representatives are told to lie.