PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MSc in Air Transport Management at City University
Old 3rd Jul 2001, 17:38
Clive

I'm not sure if this topic is a wind up for some inter-uni rivalry or not, but here is my 2 pence worth.

It seems to me that those prepared to berate one university course for the promotion of another have probably decided upon their particular course and insitution for all the wrong reasons. This toffee nosed attitude that "I am attending 'X' university therefore my degree must be much better" is a load of crock (excuse the french). Any degree, both under graduate or post graduate, is worth only what the individual is prepared to put into it! You will reap what you sow.... and the quality of the insitution will have little bearing upon your harvest.

I have compleated an under graduate degree (BAv) and will soon finish my post graduate degree (MSc) from City University. Completion of both of these degrees has seen my pending acceptance into a PhD programme at one of Australia's premier universities. They certainly did not question what insitution I used for my initial studies.

To the origional 'poster' of this thread, the important thing is that should you decide to partake in studies at any of the fine institutions offering degrees in Aviation studies then (as other posters have said) be prepared for a bit of "head down and tail up" but also be prepared for some of the most rewarding, and relevant, work you will ever undertake. Your "big picture" will become very much larger and your personal fulfilment (see Maslow's hierarchy of human needs) will be boundless.

My MSc was undertaken at City university and I have nothing but praise for this course. You will find the administration very understanding of the role we have as aircrew, and the pressures that brings, and you will find the quality of lecturers/facilitators excellent, and the variety of participants amazing, and very interesting. Research all options and make your choice on more than just a "name".

Good luck,

Clive.

------------------
Life is what happens to you while you make plans - enjoy it!