PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sydney Airport ranked 'one of the worst'
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 22:01
Sand Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with the comment made earlier about the lack of co-ordination between ATC agencies approaching SYD. The number of times I have been told to loose 3min 10min before ToD and then fly 230kts, only to be told by the next controller to maintain high speed for as long as possible and then held up at 6000’ until abeam the airfield only to be given a close pattern behind a Dash 8 indicates to me that it is not just a mistake on the day but something seriously wrong with the whole arrival procedure.
Once on the ground it does not get any better. Immigration is just a joke. There are lines for Aircrew but most of the time the TV screen is broken and other passengers join the line. There is no one policing this and if you jump ahead of the passengers they get upset and this attracts attention from the immigration officers and next thing you know you are targeted as a trouble maker.
Then there is the problem of getting to and from the airport itself. As mentioned before you either pay a very high price to have the privilege of catching public transport or pay the extremely high parking fee.
From what I have heard about the renovation plans for the Int’l terminal it is just going to get worse. It is time the Government steps in and fixes the situation, after all it is the first and last impression most visitor have of Syd and Aust.