PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toughest PPL Subject.....
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 13:57
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glancing over my OAT CBT's at the moment and like you I have a hard day at the office taking/giving grief. By the time I fight my way through the traffic and get some fuel in my stomach I'm looking at 21:00 before I settle down to some learning.

I'm looking to glance over my 6 CD's and try and get a feel for what the subjects will be about, so far it all seems quite straight forward, I'm getting over 50% in the subjects and that is from going through the CD's just the one time. I'm hoping to average over 90% in the subjects before sitting any exams.

Looking to carry out the PPL in June/July and I'll be booking my Class 1 medical next week for an ASAP appointment.

In what order should I look to sit my exams in? Reason I ask, if I should need some tuition for say Nav I might be best leaving it until last and get some knowledge past on from my instructor.

Would anybody like to put them in order?
· Aircraft General Knowledge and Principles of Flight
· Aviation Law and Operational Procedures
· Flight Performance and Planning
· Human Performance and Limitations
· Meteorology
· Navigation and Radio Aids
· Radio Communications

I've spent most of my time on 'Aviation Law and Operational Procedures' as I think this is the subject I need to pass before going Solo?