PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 13:40
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skis will fit into the rear baggage compartment.

If some of you guys are relying on keeping your high end jobs just because the rich are on a roll at the moment than I would say that was a little bit dodgy,yes plenty of biz jets ordered by a large proportion of Russians I might add, but who wants to live in Moscow,certainly not me.Me thinks to many of you have been in the business for too short a time to not remember financial downturns in the past when looking for a job in flight was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Blink to my knowledge intend to bring Business type flying to a larger market,in particular companies who would not previously cost wise use private jets for salaried staff lower down the pecking order.

This aircraft sips fuel and whether your rich or not, care about the environment and your childrens future or couldn't give a bugger there are all sorts of issues that will come into play and make this aircraft atractive to a certain market.Its not long haul its a short range close European aircraft flying on average 2.5 pax,I'm sure they have investigated their market well before taking millions of pounds off their investors.I fly one of the largest cabin exec aircraft and regularly have no more than two or three people on short European trips,it doesn't always sit very comfortably with me,it's costly not required and will increasingly become unacceptable to those of us who fly these things around but have an eye on the future of our children and the planet.

flynowpaylater

Very apt user name by the way if your employ it in the environmental sense.Have you tried to get to London City recently by anything other than a helicopter.I've never been able to get there in less than 3 hours and I don't live a million miles away.

As regards everyone doing it, they don't that's why we fly aircraft and a small number of individuals sit in the back in luxury having had the ideas.I'm no better I thought LOCO airlines wouldn't last five minutes,how wrong was I.

Last edited by Highflight420; 14th Mar 2008 at 14:15.