PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 10:09
apruneuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"To phase in 40 aircraft with no license to operate them in a market that will not support another 40 aircraft is at best optimistic."

I think that Blink are looking to create an entirely new market. Anyone who flies around in a mid-large business jet doesn't relax happy in the knowledge that they have saved money over travelling business class. Cost simply isn't an issue for them - time, comfort, independence and show are more likely driving factors.

Blink's market appears to be middle-management businessmen and budding entrepreneurs who would normally travel business class but have become disillusioned with the current loco airline model and oppressive security checks at the larger airports. That, added to the convenience of travelling when they want to and arriving at an airport closer to their ultimate destination whislt being treated with a modicum of respect for a similar cost to airline travel makes a compelling case for an operation such as Blink.

I think that the biggest hurdle for Blink in the short term will be the looming recession and a need for shareholders to see executives at least making an effort at a little belt-tightening; hopefully the money men at Blink saw that one coming and have set aside enough to weather the storm, if it hits.

I genuinely wish Blink all the luck in the World. Anyone with balls that big deserves to succeed.