PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - nausea and slight sickly feeling
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 10:01
will fly for food 06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont worry about it. I felt airsick throughout my military career. It would go away once I had flown the aircraft for a few weeks. Some people did need to go on the airsick course but most are ok. We used to be given Kwells which can be pick up from Boots over the counter. We were not allowed to take them when flying solo.
Other ways you can use to improve how you feel. Make sure you are well hydrated before flying. As other people have suggested never go flying on an empty stomach. Wear loose clothing and make sure you have one of the cold air vents pointing at or near your face. The main thing is to make sure your instructor is aware of it. He or she can then help you by getting you close to the point you feel ill then allow you to fly the aircraft until you are better. The main thing is to get close to being sick but not actually being sick. Over time this will remove your airsickness. After a few more trips your brain will be concentrating on other things and you wont even think about feeling anymore.
Good luck with the flying.