PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 03:48
platinumpure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aser I have noticed this in a few aircraft, however only on the 3 axis while using the auto level mode while reducing power on the ILS. As you spoke of it was quite a deviation to the right on the ILS.

I agree with Red white and blue. There should be no problem with starting the number 2 first even off the main battery, if you can't you probably need a new main batt or it needs to be deep cycled. The only time you are going to have problems is if you are starting all the time on external power (bad practice) as this will rape the batteries if you don't use them to start. We found this out a year or two ago. To be honest though there is not going to be much of a difference in time between starting with the batt or the EPU.

As for the quick start (which was developed for the EMS industry, I remember something about 3 mins for some reason, something to do with EMS operators in Europe. However, it was quite a while ago I heard this so I may be mistaken)...I have never tried it but if you like I can certainly try it tomorrow and come up with a time for you from seltbelts on to take off. I would estimate around 3-4 minutes if all the system checks have been completed.

Last edited by platinumpure; 14th Mar 2008 at 04:10.